Volunteers can be an important asset to the College and Career Goal Arizona programs. During the event, you will be one of several volunteers and higher education and college access professionals on hand to assist students and the school’s site coordinator. Volunteers come from a variety of community groups including, retired educators, businesses, and political leaders, parents, and more who are willing to provide support and assistance as outlined by the Site Coordinator. Volunteers generally are not prepared to answer questions students may have about college applications or the FAFSA. These questions generally should be answered by school staff or college/university resource personnel. Rather, the volunteers are helpful in the supervision and administration of the day's event.
Types of volunteer tasks.
- Greet students as they arrive to the lab, help them find an available computer and the website
- Manage sign-in and/or sign-out sheets
- Assist students with the completion of online college applications and or the FAFSA
- Monitor printers to ensure that any applications that need to be printed remain in order and replenishing the paper supply as needed
- Hand out materials
- Assist the site coordinator and other staff in any manner requested
- And, congratulate students on their accomplishment
How do I sign up?
Go to the Event Calendar to find a site near you. Sites in Blue are College Application Campaign sites. Sites in Green are College Goal FAF$A sites and sites in Red are holding both events on the same day and at the same time. Once you have chosen your site click on it and you will be taken to the sign up form on SignUpGenius.